Youtube Video Episodes > YouTube Video Episodes

A Look Inside 1 - Emergency LED Light

(1/2) > >>

retiredcaps:
Hi Martin,

I didn't fully pay attention (multi tasking) to your whole video, but at 34:55, I was very surprised to see that a self proclaimed scary cat of mains voltage would put probes across the AC mains.

A possibly better way of measuring would be do use aligator clips or smd clips. Something like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150925517685

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130747346568

PS. I plan to watch it again when my schedule is less busy.

MJLorton:
Yes, very valid point but I was confident with what I was doing at the time and vary I was working with mains.

For this reason I did post the warning at the beginning of the video. I will however pickup on this in part 2 and demonstrate the better/ safer method of measuring the mains.

Cheers,
Martin.

SeanB:
Next video must include a small section on chopping off that cheap 2 pin plug and how to attach a proper SA standard 15A plugtop to the wiring. Points for using the cable grip and for stripping the cable correctly and without cutting the cores.

Edit to fix my poor spelling.

retiredcaps:

--- Quote from: MJLorton on October 23, 2012, 05:55:54 AM ---For this reason I did post the warning at the beginning of the video.

--- End quote ---
Obviously, I missed that part while the video was running.

By the way, I realize it is not always possible to use clips due to the layout of the board, but whenever possible, I personally, try to use clips when possible.  I have a healthy respect for electricity in general, not just mains voltage.

retiredcaps:

--- Quote from: retiredcaps on October 23, 2012, 02:12:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: MJLorton on October 23, 2012, 05:55:54 AM ---For this reason I did post the warning at the beginning of the video.

--- End quote ---
Obviously, I missed that part while the video was running.

--- End quote ---
Okay, I use a chrome based youtube downloader so I didn't see the warnings at the beginning.  I like to some watch some videos multiple times to catch all the nuances.  Or I miss something because I'm multitasking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version