Author Topic: Need help regarding a small arduino project  (Read 4297 times)

AMARESH

Need help regarding a small arduino project
« on: January 01, 2016, 03:41:45 AM »
Hi everyone...!!! Greetings..  :)

I have a concept idea which i have ATTACHED as a picture below.. and

1.    I need some clarifications regarding arduino circuitry that is the I/O board is sufficient for the components i want to use..??

2.    And is it possible to convert the concept into reality..??

3.    If yes... i am here to seek some help regarding the programming...

Thank You in Advance...
Amaresh.A R

Component details:

TCS3200 color sensor, TCS230 module - 2 nos
Arduino UNO ATmega328 MCB - 1 no
red, green led, piezo buzzer - each 1 no
Li-Po battery 11.1 volts rechargable battery, 2200mAh - 1 nos

« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 05:24:39 AM by AMARESH »

Mr Eastwood

Re: Need help regarding a small arduino project
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 06:34:37 AM »
Hi,  I've only used my Arduino Uno to blink an LED as I much prefer the PIC MCUs;  but I would guess you could get that running in a few hours.

Here is a link to a site where someone has hooked up the color sensor (perhaps the same or similar to yours?)  and written some Arduino code for it.   http://www.elecfreaks.com/1666.html

The rest of the code should be easy enough to work out yourself.

Goodluck! :-)
Hey! Frisbee! Far out!

AMARESH

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 07:00:26 AM »
Thank You for your reply sir..

Let me tell you that am a mechanical engineer.. and never used a blank IO board... am trying to find a solution in electronics for one of my problems....

am trying a microcontroller board for the first time... so im having some funny/weired/crazy doubts... pls dont feel irritated... :D

First Doubt... I need to connect two modules of color sensors which should work at a time...  :)

so... should i split & connect the GND and VCC pins from arduino UNO board to respective pins of the module..!!???  ::)

Mr Eastwood

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 08:10:20 AM »
am trying a microcontroller board for the first time... so im having some funny/weired/crazy doubts... pls dont feel irritated... :D
Great! - it's a really nice project to do.

First Doubt... I need to connect two modules of color sensors which should work at a time...  :)
I can't see any problems, just read one then just read the other.

so... should i split & connect the GND and VCC pins from arduino UNO board to respective pins of the module..!!???  ::)
yes;  also check the schematic that came with your module as from the article I linked it mentioned different versions of the module.

Hey! Frisbee! Far out!

AMARESH

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 09:21:34 AM »
Thats very nice of you sir, Thank you very much for your encouraging words...!!  :)

I have attached the total concept as a flowchart.. can you pls go through it and tell me whether my concept can be turned into reality..???

If there is any drawback in the logic... can you pls suggest some corrections..???

This color identification challenge means the most to me sir... Pls help me out...  :)

Mr Eastwood

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 10:41:28 AM »
Hi,  to be honest your flowchart didn't make much sense to me; 

Below is a really nice link to the color module which explains all you need to know.
http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/Arduino_TCS230_Color_Recognition_Sensor_module

Also I've included a link to a superb free schematic drawing tool - just in case you need to draw up your schematic.
http://kicad-pcb.org/

Hey! Frisbee! Far out!

AMARESH

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 11:23:26 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Hmmm ok Sir.. i'll go through the link and codes.... and revert to you if i get any doubt...

thanks for the links..