Author Topic: UNI-T UT61E Discount available to viewers  (Read 75062 times)

Cpx

Re: UNI-T UT61E Discount available to viewers
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2013, 06:53:05 PM »
It is possible for you to write a lower value for the package  and to include no invoices inside?
Do you offer refund/resend if it is lost?
Thanks.

iloveelectronics

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2013, 07:54:08 PM »
It is possible for you to write a lower value for the package  and to include no invoices inside?

Not a problem.

Do you offer refund/resend if it is lost?
Thanks.

I wouldn't say a definite yes because there might be dishonest people out there who see this and take advantage of me. But because I now always send this multimeter through registered air mail which has a tracking number, there should be some traceability  which allows us to make formal inquiry to the post offices to track it down. In the worst case of long period of waiting (2 months+) and fruitless pursue through the post offices I will try to reach an agreeable solution with the buyer, which includes the possibility of a resend/refund. Sorry to be a bit diplomatic in answering this but the profit margin of this meter is so low I really can't afford losing them in the mail much anymore :(
My eBay store: http://www.99centHobbies.com
Email: franky @ 99centHobbies . com

retiredcaps

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2013, 03:01:46 AM »
Just some comments for everyone to consider.

When you are a new poster with no "history" here, sellers should be suspicious when a post comes along asking for low value declaration and refund if lost in shipping.  I would even suggest sellers add an extra charge for signature/id verification.  Or use ebay (instead of private transaction) so the seller can see the buyer's feedback to see if there is a history of lost items.

I had a bad experience with one ebay seller in Israel.  The ebay auction claimed the multimeter was 100% working and when I received it, not even the simplest functions worked.  What I should have done was open an ebay resolution case right away (to get back my $25 shipping costs for obvious misrepresentation), but I was being a nice guy and tried to work something out with the seller.

The seller asked me to send back the multimeter and I agreed.  I went to Canada Post and filled out a customs form and declared truthfully what I paid on ebay.  Luckily I did because my package never made it back to Israel (so the seller claims).  I had to open a case with Canada Post and provide formal proof and documentation/forms.  I sent in the customs form and my paypal invoice and was refunded.

So for sellers who declare low value items (say $10) as a "favour" be aware that if an item is lost, you will be likely refunded for the low value ($10) by the post office.

PS. Customs people/workers are not stupid.  In many of Martin's videos he has said that anything low value is automatically suspected by customs and subject to inspection.

PPS. For the record, I have never asked sellers to declare anything but the actual ebay winning auction price.  I had a $120 multimeter sent to me from USA and Canada customs did not levy any extra charges on me.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:07:33 AM by retiredcaps »

Cpx

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2013, 09:31:04 AM »
After further research it seems that an invoice or goods value inside the package is mandatory and
its value and also the declared package value has to be lower than 12$ in order for me to  pay no VAT(24%).Also package has to be send non commercial.
So if real value is written on the invoice and package i will pay another 14$ for the meter  :-[.
I will contact Franky with my ebay account for validation. :)

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:48:23 AM by Cpx »

SeanB

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2013, 11:19:31 AM »
Please put your country on your profile as well, it helps a lot.

retiredcaps

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2013, 06:44:04 PM »
he declared package value has to be lower than 12$ in order for me to  pay no VAT(24%).
As I mentioned before, customs people are not stupid.  They have access to the Internet just you like and I.  They can easily look up the value of a UT61E on ebay or equivalent and see it sells for much more than $12.

cpucrust

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2013, 12:07:45 PM »
Just thought I mention that my UT61E came promptly to Alberta, Canada.
Very impressed with the performance for the price. 
I had no problems dealing with Franky at all.

I noticed some backlight mods since the UT61E doesn't come with one - not sure which one to go with.

After a 10 year absence from EE, it's great to pursue this hobby again.  Now I need the next EE tool: an oscilloscope...

martijnk1

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2013, 07:41:03 AM »
I though I'd also mention that I just got mine in the mail, shipped in about 2 weeks to the Netherlands  :).

First impressions are well beyond expectations, really, a steal for the price.
It truly feels like a high-end piece of equipment and from what I have been able to play around with it I can only say that I am very....very impressed.

And I can everyone recommend to get yourself one from Franky; communication was a breeze and packaging was great!

Also, make sure to include a nice set of his test leads/probes! The silicone really makes them super flexible, even the thicker modular leads are no problem when working with fine electronics!

PhildOwen

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2013, 01:23:28 PM »
Franky,

Do you have one of these MM still available?

Regards

Phil Owen.

iloveelectronics

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2013, 09:07:23 PM »
Hi Phil,

Yes, I still have some. Please PM me your Paypal email address and shipping address, and I'll send you a Paypal invoice. Thanks!

Cheers,
Franky

Franky,

Do you have one of these MM still available?

Regards

Phil Owen.

iank

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2013, 05:30:50 AM »
Hi Franky,

Do you still have any more UNI-T UT61E's at your discount price. From what I have read these are really good value for money, it's a pity that they do not have a back light, but hey, at this price they are still great value for money. :)

Regards

Ian

iloveelectronics

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2013, 07:31:25 AM »
Hi Ian,

Yes, I try to keep them always in stock. Please either PM me or send an email to franky @ 99centhobbies.com and let me know your paypal email and shipping address, and I will send you a paypal invoice. Thanks!

Hi Franky,

Do you still have any more UNI-T UT61E's at your discount price. From what I have read these are really good value for money, it's a pity that they do not have a back light, but hey, at this price they are still great value for money. :)

Regards

Ian

iank

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2013, 02:18:15 AM »
Hi Franky,

Ive just received my UT61E multimeter, 9 days after paying for it...hows that for excellent service... Ive put the meter through its paces including the PC software and can only say what a brilliant piece of equipment.
Thanks for such great service. :) :)

Regards

Ian

iloveelectronics

« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2013, 04:09:34 AM »
Thanks, Ian, for the compliments and an easy transaction!

KJaneway

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2013, 09:49:00 AM »
I am also interested in a UT61E. Just to be curious: Do you accept Bitcoin payments?

And by the way: I am from Germany, and on ebay.de there is no item listed in your store. Do you really have nothing listed or is this an ebay error?

Regards KJaneway