Author Topic: Uni-T UT232 Not Measuring Current  (Read 3694 times)

karimrathle

Uni-T UT232 Not Measuring Current
« on: November 23, 2014, 11:35:48 AM »
Hi All,

I just bought a Uni-T UT232 Digital Power Clamp Meter. After testing it, I found out that it only measures voltage, but fails to read current values and subsequently kW, kVA, kWh. I tried different loads; lamps, electric heater, AC split unit with no luck. Has anyone faced the same problem with a new meter before? What can I do to make sure the meter is faulty before contacting the distributor?

Looking forward to listening to your experiences :)

Note: I am aware that the load wires have to be split and measurements should be taken for only a single wire to avoid the electromagnetic field cancelling effect.

SeanB

• Administrator
Re: Uni-T UT232 Not Measuring Current
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 12:28:09 PM »
If it is not reading current at all, then it is very likely that the current sensor coil is open circuit or has a dry joint from manufacture. Probably either time to do the RMA or if it is not happening then there is nothing left other than opening it up and checking the wire is soldered correctly to the board.

karimrathle

Re: Uni-T UT232 Not Measuring Current
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 04:40:11 AM »
Hi SeanB,

Thanks a lot for your valuable advice. I guess I’ll go ahead and do the RMA. It’s quite a disappointment since I paid so much for customs and shipping to Egypt. Again, thank you! I really appreciate your help.