Author Topic: Klein MM6000  (Read 3502 times)

wml52

Klein MM6000
« on: January 19, 2016, 10:09:19 AM »
I am new to this site so hello to all and my apologies if I have posted this incorrectly.

I am interested in knowing if anyone has any experience with the Klein MM6000 multi-meter? I am a DIYer and was looking for an affordable DMM that could be used around the home as well as for some basic electronic troubleshooting.

The MM6000 appears to be a decent meter with acceptable specs at least for my use but I was interested in hearing your opinion as you have much more experience then I when it comes to DMMs.

Just as a side note I can purchase this new for around $100.00

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks to all.

Bill

PoBoySolar

Re: Klein MM6000
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 11:32:45 AM »
It depends on what you intend to do with it.  I have a nice 6.5 digit Guildline which I hardly ever turn on.  I do a lot of my work with free Harbor freight digital meters.  I tend to be hard on meters.  I have a few slightly more expensive meters with the rubber protective case I've picked up at garage sales.  I keep two older 5.5 digit Keithly meters on my bench.  Generally there isn't that much need for more than 3.5 digits.  Get better leads for the cheap meters!  If you have $100 to spend buy some other equipment.  Inadvertently I picked up one of the very cheap USB scopes.  I was very impressed with the capability of it for only $60 and half of that can be attributed to the two scope probes.  They have their detractors, but what a learning tool.  After more than 50 years in electronics I have no need to impress anyone.  Equipment won't make up for a lack of knowledge.