Author Topic: Light Fidelity (Lifi)  (Read 2810 times)

swabaxter

Light Fidelity (Lifi)
« on: December 26, 2016, 02:54:13 AM »
Light Fidelity (Lifi)

We all know about WiFi, a technology that uses Radio Waves for wireless communication and its available in most
homes, offices and shopping centre. The technology is quite mature and at the same time we have Machine to Machine (M2M)
and the Internet of Things (IoT) already a reality in many Industrial and Commercial environments.

Professor Harald Haas (University of Edinburgh,Scotland) is leading in a new form of wireless communication called Light Fidelity
or Lifi for short. This uses light instead of Radio waves to transmit the signal. Its been in development for 3 plus years and has been
demonstrated on TED and at IEEE events.

I am now suggesting in light (no pun intended) of the developments that I have mentioned that the Infra Red spectrum be employed to deliver
the signal between nodes. This is a well proven technology that has been used for over 20 years, is secure and well supported. I am
interested to receive comments on my proposal and suggestions for prototype construction. The Arduino is already used in the Edinburgh
University Labs but other similar platforms may be appropriate.

Boymnmob

-
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 04:07:22 PM »
Your display or theme is probably different from mine... on the white / light gray of mine the red shows up prettily but I have difficulty reading T PrimeŽs yellow posts. Alright, IŽll stick to black.

Sd67444DFG