Author Topic: Voltronic  (Read 3877 times)

jbw64

Voltronic
« on: June 28, 2014, 10:47:24 AM »
 Hi i am a bit new to all this and am still trying to get my head around stuff. i live in a mobile home and at the moment just run 12v led lights from my small solar system. i want to start enlarging a bit to have enough power to run telly, laptop and a few other small items. i have worked out that i use about 1500wh per day. my question is, i am looking to buy one of these inverter/chargers. http://www.voltronicpower.com/oCart2/index.php?route=product/product&path=24&product_id=123 does anyone know anything about them? if they are any good and will work for what i need.
thanks.

MJLorton

• Administrator
Re: Voltronic
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 11:06:01 AM »
Sorry..I've not heard of them before. If I have the time I'll do some investigation.
Let us know what you eventually go with and if you are happy.

Cheers,
Martin.
Play, discover, learn and enjoy! (and don't be scared to make mistakes along the way!)

WackyGerman

Re: Voltronic
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 01:54:31 PM »
In that case I would use DC/DC converter . Laptops for example have DC input roundabout 15-19 V , so it is not really useful to convert the 12V DC from the solar panel to 230 V AC . The power supply   of the laptop anyway convert it again to DC . There are too many losses and the 12V DC to 230 V AC produces not a really good sine wave so it will kill your power supply one day . and anyway , it will not work . This unit you are looking for is an inverter and a charger for battery backup of the solar system and it needs 230 V source to work . This system is a good choice to use it as a ups for computers and emergency power for anything else , but it won t work as an independent power supply
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 02:16:26 PM by WackyGerman »