Author Topic: Arduino Programming with Visual Micro and Atmel Studio  (Read 4903 times)

Dennis

• Discovering Electronics
Arduino Programming with Visual Micro and Atmel Studio
« on: May 23, 2013, 05:10:36 PM »
I recently used this fantastic tool for programming the Arduino Platform and thought I would share.

Check it out at http://www.visualmicro.com

It is a great little add-in that extends the Atmel Studio program to include programming for the Arduino. Atmel Studio and Visual Micro are both FREE! Visual Micro does have an optional DEBUGGER that comes with a 30 day free trial or $15 to buy. The debugger is great. No longer do you have to sprinkle your code with Serial.println statements to debug. Just set a break-point and set the variables you want to watch.

I used it developing my last project (which I will post also) and it saved a bunch of time working the kinks out.

The compiler is lighting fast too compared to the Arduino IDE. This saves a bunch of time especially when working with boards like the Due!.

Here are some screen shots:

Stress:
The overwhelming desire to choke the living daylights out of one who desperately needs it!

Paul Collins M0BSW

Re: Arduino Programming with Visual Micro and Atmel Studio
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 08:52:55 AM »
I would like to answer, but I just do not understand this stuff at all, there are some pic chip projects I'd like to do, however I just do not understand it ::)
Quietly Learning