Author Topic: Multimeter Review / buyers guide: Part 3 - UNI-T UT61E - Look inside  (Read 25591 times)

Kiriakos GR

• Industrial Electrician - IT
    • ITTSB.EU
Re: Multimeter Review / buyers guide: Part 3 - UNI-T UT61E - Look inside
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012, 02:02:28 PM »
the Uni T61E is intended for hobby electronic use.

As soon I will see that printed with yellow letters on the holster I will stop barging like a hunting dog.  ( Teasing you) 
I have the AVO 410 in my hands which is offered by Megger, so to be reviewed soon, even as OEM design, the meter screams of be a well made one, test leads and all.  :)

Hansemann

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2015, 09:50:25 PM »
Hi,

First i want to thank you for all the very nice in depth reviews you do! I know this is an old tread, but i am in the process of maybe buying this uni-t ut61e or maybe d version. I'm no expert in electronics, but i do know just a little. I have this rare and old computer motherboard which is not quite working, but what i want to do is to measure that the different crystals (50Mhz and below) works. That is maybe not exact, but just that they give some signal. The signal is fed through a flipflop before entering in one case the CPU. The description field of the YT video you've done on this instrument says that the instrument has a upper frequency range of 200Mhz. Is that really correct?. And if it is, can i use this instrument to measure pulses in the circuit i explained either directly out of the crystal or out of the flipflop? For me the frequency part is important since i can do most other readings on other instruments i have.

EDIT: I see ad's with this instrument where they say it can do 220Mhz, but Frequency response is up to 10Khz. What does this mean. What can i really get it read in regards to the above problem?

Thanks in advance and keep up the nice reviews. They are the best on YT.

Regards,
Hansemann
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:23:52 PM by Hansemann »

MJLorton

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2015, 12:51:36 PM »
Hi Hansemann,

Thanks for the post.

I've just checked and it'll measure up to 80 MHz with no problem. I also checked a 100kHz crystal and it measured that with no problem.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Martin.
Play, discover, learn and enjoy! (and don't be scared to make mistakes along the way!)