Author Topic: T4D#4  (Read 3736 times)

FOX

T4D#4
« on: May 11, 2012, 04:00:11 PM »
Hi Martin,
 the last voltage reference you showed looked like a SOT23-6 package, it's not as hard to solder as you might think especially when you using a hotair gun for soldering.
With a good pair of tweezers even the handling is not that hard, i personally prefer working with SMD stuff over THT components
BTW. Dave Jones has some very good tutorials about soldering, i am rather shure you already aware of them.
A closed Switch should have 0 Ohm or less

MJLorton

• Administrator
Re: T4D#4
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 04:03:45 AM »
Hi Martin,
 the last voltage reference you showed looked like a SOT23-6 package, it's not as hard to solder as you might think especially when you using a hotair gun for soldering.
With a good pair of tweezers even the handling is not that hard, i personally prefer working with SMD stuff over THT components
BTW. Dave Jones has some very good tutorials about soldering, i am rather shure you already aware of them.
Hi Fox,

Thanks very much for your post, it certainly gives me more confidence in approaching SMD....I plan to go through Dave's vidoes later this week.

Cheers,
Martin.
Play, discover, learn and enjoy! (and don't be scared to make mistakes along the way!)