Author Topic: Project: Battery Showdown  (Read 4000 times)

MJLorton

• Administrator
Project: Battery Showdown
« on: October 07, 2012, 03:23:00 AM »
This might interest some folks. I picked it up from Todd Harrison on Google +

"Welcome to BitBox's Battery Showdown

We decided to test alkaline, lithium and zinc-chloride cells to find the best AA batteries you can buy for your money on the highstreet and online. As far as we are aware, this is the largest scale discharge test of consumer batteries that has been performed. The results surprised us a lot."

See the rest here:
http://www.batteryshowdown.com/
Play, discover, learn and enjoy! (and don't be scared to make mistakes along the way!)

retiredcaps

Re: Project: Battery Showdown
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 04:21:18 AM »
Tom66 who hangs out at badcaps.net and eevblog.com (like me) did that study as part of his internship.

Kiriakos GR

• Industrial Electrician - IT
    • ITTSB.EU
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 10:09:27 AM »
Great find Martin, thanks for sharing ..  ;)

MJLorton

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 03:16:04 AM »
Tom66 who hangs out at badcaps.net and eevblog.com (like me) did that study as part of his internship.

Well hats off to the gent it's a great study. I'll have to try follow more of his work....does he have a Google + or twitter account?
Play, discover, learn and enjoy! (and don't be scared to make mistakes along the way!)

retiredcaps

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 03:40:57 AM »
Well hats off to the gent it's a great study. I'll have to try follow more of his work....does he have a Google + or twitter account?
I don't know about other accounts.

Over at badcaps.net, despite the website name, he helps a lot of people with fixing plasma and lcd TVs.  If you have a computer lcd, plasma or lcd tv problem, come see us over at badcaps.net.  Fixing computer lcds is how I started learning hands on electronics.

Tom66 is also a full time student taking MechEng Electrial Engineering over at University of Leeds UK.   I have 2 multimeters older than tom66.

MJLorton

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 03:56:58 AM »
I don't know about other accounts.

Over at badcaps.net, despite the website name, he helps a lot of people with fixing plasma and lcd TVs.  If you have a computer lcd, plasma or lcd tv problem, come see us over at badcaps.net.  Fixing computer lcds is how I started learning hands on electronics.

Tom66 is also a full time student taking MechEng Electrial Engineering over at University of Leeds UK.   I have 2 multimeters older than tom66.
That statement made me chuckle.

I popped over and had a quick look at the site. I really am starting to appreciate the issue that old / faulty capacitors have on electronic appliances. I will try and remember to mention the site to folks in a T4D....I'll also add it to my Channel home page.

Cheers, Martin.