Author Topic: Victron Phoenix Multiplus Compact 12 / 2000 / 80 inverter / charger.  (Read 8332 times)

MJLorton

• Administrator
Re: Victron Phoenix Multiplus Compact 12 / 2000 / 80 inverter / charger.
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 02:33:34 AM »
Classic! great to see the insides and I'm sure you will enjoy the functionality of the BMV.

I'm sure the US dept crisis could be resolved with a few of those bank notes!

I see from the battery connecting terminals in your unit (as well as mine) that the negative pole nut is soldered to the PCB and the positive is not. I found that the positive bolt became loose when I changed the cable on it. I thus resorted to tightening and soldering that nut  too.

I was not sure if it had been missed in manufacture or left that way for a particular reason.....
Play, discover, learn and enjoy! (and don't be scared to make mistakes along the way!)

JoseLog

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 10:48:35 PM »
Hey

I wonder if some of the inverter/chargers of Victron Energy are bidirectional? i mean, if there's some spare power from the solar array, can i use a grid-tied inverter of another branch to feed energy back to the grid through the MultiPlus??

Thanks a lot

MJLorton

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 12:17:31 PM »
The Multiplus and Quattro inverters are bi-directional so they can feed back to the grid. Another brand of grid-tie inverter "can" be used...but you need to check with Victron. I know some brands are changing their firmware so that they can communicate with Victron.

Exsolar (www.exsolar.co.za) have been doing work in this regard so you might want to communicate with them.
Play, discover, learn and enjoy! (and don't be scared to make mistakes along the way!)