Author Topic: Off grid workshop - first steps.  (Read 8035 times)

Monkeh

Re: Off grid workshop - first steps.
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 09:36:26 AM »
Only in the last 30 years has there been a move to plastic and GRP housings for them, there are sill many using wooden backboards.

Even in those GRP cabinets, I'll give you one guess what material they put in as a backer board to secure the equipment to.

bitwelder

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 03:33:48 AM »
Well, here many houses/cottages are equipped with an (electric) sauna, which is typically a small room entirely made/covered in pine wood, with a 3 to 8 KW stove hanging on its walls.
The room temperature goes up to 60-80 C when sauna is working.
To complete the electrician's nightmare, a necessary part of the experience is throwing ladles of water on the electric stove!  :D
And yet, I don't read that often about accidents from such installations.

SeanB

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 04:19:35 AM »
At the moment if I want a sauna I just step outside......... 70% RH and 30C, and it is only 11AM, will get hotter in the afternoon.

Majes

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 11:19:32 AM »
@Kiriakos GR, I have the IBM Brand of the APC 1000 XL Smart UPS. You mentioned having a hard time finding connector for external battery packs. Please explain how you did finally find or build such a connector.

Very nice project BTW, I have found these UPS Pure Sine Wave inverters to be a viable starting point for an inverter tasked with running electronics. They generally require a lot more cooling for continuous use, but that can easily be done.

Thanks for sharing!!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 12:33:39 PM by Majes »