Author Topic: Uni T ut61e software, customer service from Uni T  (Read 3642 times)

Paul Collins M0BSW

Uni T ut61e software, customer service from Uni T
« on: May 14, 2013, 05:54:16 AM »
I have a Uni-T ut671 E, which I like kind of, however I'm not happy with the software, I bought it as I wanted a data logger multimeter, the software is crap, it won't work with windows 7, when I install it , it states ports 1,2,3,4,   yet install the software and I get ports 7,8,9,10, I don't even have these on the computer which has 1,2,3,4 so I emailed Uni- T, asking them for the fix ,or proper software, been 2 months  not a dickie from them, customer service from Uni-T is crap, so ut61e is going on e-bay, to be replaced with a Gosson Metrowatt.
The one thing I really hate is bad customer service.
Quietly Learning

dr_p

Re: Uni T ut61e software, customer service from Uni T
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 06:20:31 AM »
I'm using what came with the CD - version 4.01, (uploaded it here) and it's fine on XP, never tried it on win7. I just mentioned because the UNI-T website has v2.0 as the latest :))

However, I do have a Win7 computer and when using the serial interface for my car, I noticed similar problems like yours - all COMs were shifted up by some number, just like they were virtual. I then connected to COM7 even though my interface was on COM1 and COM7 showed as free. (numbers may differ, the idea stands). I think it has something to do with the interface actually being USB and having an USB to serial converter inside, rather than with the Windows version. Software even says it's Win7 compatible.

So I suspect you have the USB adapter for the UT61E. Try connecting to every COM (7 to 10) and see if it's successful.

Monkeh

Re: Uni T ut61e software, customer service from Uni T
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 07:28:14 AM »
The supplied software (poor as it is) works fine on Windows 7. There's also alternative software available (UltraDMM).