Author Topic: setting up a solar power 5kv plus  (Read 2885 times)

nikos

setting up a solar power 5kv plus
« on: June 21, 2013, 01:06:41 AM »
Hello everyone

Im from Australia living in a remote area with no electricity.  Running the whole house on a 6kv generator which is becoming expensive these days.  I decided to go solar power.  That's were you guys come in.  My closest town is about 300ks which makes it difficult to go up and down.  I want to build 5kvs sollar power with 10kvs invertor so i can upgrade later on. What I really want from you is a plan or a layout for the above system.  If you can draw me something and name parts that I need to complete my project e.g.panels, chargers etc. The plan or layout it can be 12v 24v or 48v. I would appreciate it.

kibi

Re: setting up a solar power 5kv plus
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 01:45:32 PM »
I only have one answer at this stage. You will definately need a 48V system, no other sensible way with a 10KVA inverter.
To answer the other questions, we need more information.
How much KW Hours of energy do you use in one day (24 hours)? This is the most important question.
Next, do you have clear veiw of the sky (no trees or other shading during the day)?

nikos

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 11:59:01 PM »
My daily usage is approx. 3.5kvs and as far as trees and other objects i have clear sky 24/7....thats the only advantage and plenty of dry soil....

thank you

nikos

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 05:01:19 AM »
no one lads???

MJLorton

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 02:44:27 PM »
Hi nikos,

I plan to post a sizing spreadsheet in a week or so which should act as a good guide. It will need to be vetted / tested by a few folks so that we know it does add value. We could use your set up as a practical example and take it from there.

Cheers,
martin.
Play, discover, learn and enjoy! (and don't be scared to make mistakes along the way!)