Author Topic: Safgan DT-410 Oscilloscope - Late 70's?  (Read 4240 times)

Ecobion

Safgan DT-410 Oscilloscope - Late 70's?
« on: September 19, 2013, 11:30:27 AM »
I was wondering if anyone had any information about a Safgan DT-410 Oscilloscope? It looks late 70's vintage at a guess. Can't find any information about the actual company yet. I did track down a typed manual with hand-drawn schematic, but again, no information about the company, or the era. Google has very little information.

Ecobion

Re: Safgan DT-410 Oscilloscope - Late 70's?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 07:04:40 AM »
No takers on this one. I did manage to find some more information, and I'll be writing up a Wikipedia article about the company that made these. Nice to find out that they were a local company. Only have a couple of paragraphs of information, hope that I can build on that information at a later date.

Howard

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 04:17:59 PM »
I have a Safgan in the garage! Stopped working years ago I guess capacitor plague. I'm sure I've got the manual that it came with (full circuit diagram). I bought it new from the man who made them then in Woking Surrey. I'm now in Norfolk.

Ecobion

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 05:10:03 AM »
I have a Safgan in the garage! Stopped working years ago I guess capacitor plague. I'm sure I've got the manual that it came with (full circuit diagram). I bought it new from the man who made them then in Woking Surrey. I'm now in Norfolk.

Howard, if you ever want to get rid of it, I would be happy to take it off your hands. Mine had the capacitors by the power supply unit replaced, I think these are the first to go due to the heat from the transformer, and it would be interesting to see what the originals looked like. The man who made them was a Mr Safett, and I've tracked down the man's wife, and I'll be contacting her shortly for more of a story. I've had the details for a while, but I've been completely preoccupied in other things.