Author Topic: Follow up to the "How to crimp connectors" tutorial  (Read 2652 times)

AB1BE

Follow up to the "How to crimp connectors" tutorial
« on: October 02, 2013, 02:45:49 PM »
The mjlorton video tutorial titled "How to crimp connectors, strip wire and use heat shrink." is packed with great info and lots of advice. I'm sure we've all made less than perfect wire terminations because we didn't know the right way to do it -- until now.  An excellent video. Thanks Martin!

With Martin moving to a new house and getting back into ham radio, I have an idea for a YouTube video. I think that it would be a great practical application to show the design and installation of the ground system for a ham shack. That would give the opportunity to show the routing (from inside the radio shack to outside) and crimping of thick cables (perhaps 4 AWG).  Also connection of multiple ground rods and lightning surge protectors could be covered in both theory and actual practice.

Further material could be how to distribute 12V DC on crimped wires or use of Power Pole connectors. Perhaps even use of a West Mountain Radio RIGrunner to distribute power.  http://www.westmountainradio.com/rigrunner.php

MJLorton

• Administrator
Re: Follow up to the "How to crimp connectors" tutorial
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »
I've come across this company before and they seem to have some nice kit!

So yes...I will look into this once the new lab starts to take shape.
Play, discover, learn and enjoy! (and don't be scared to make mistakes along the way!)