Author Topic: Digital multimeter with induction measurement.  (Read 3586 times)

angelico

Digital multimeter with induction measurement.
« on: May 18, 2012, 08:21:00 PM »
Hello Martin,
I am a builder of amateur antennas for medium wave and shortwave.
In the construction of the antennas I need to measure inductances and capacitances. I use a simple multimeter (Minipa ET-2082C).
I wish you would publish a review of a multimeter capable of measuring inductance, especially for amateur radio.

Sorry for my English ... Google translator half bad.

FOX

Re: Digital multimeter with induction measurement.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 02:23:10 PM »
Multimeter with induction measurement capability are rather rare, i don't know any at least from the major brands.
In my opinion your are better off with an separate LCR-meter (even a cheap one), especially with low value capacitors (<10nF) and inductors.

I assume you want to use the meter for measuring  the components off your matching circuits, because for measuring your antenna directly a Networkanalyzer would be the right type off gear, but not in the budget of the most hobbyist i am afraid.
A closed Switch should have 0 Ohm or less

MJLorton

• Administrator
Re: Digital multimeter with induction measurement.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 03:22:46 AM »
Hello Martin,
I am a builder of amateur antennas for medium wave and shortwave.
In the construction of the antennas I need to measure inductances and capacitances. I use a simple multimeter (Minipa ET-2082C).
I wish you would publish a review of a multimeter capable of measuring inductance, especially for amateur radio.

Sorry for my English ... Google translator half bad.
Thanks for the post....no problem understanding. I think Fox has mad an excellent suggestion....what I will make time for is a review of an LCR-meter. Thanks for the idea as I'm sure it will help many other folks as well.

Cheers,
Martin.
Play, discover, learn and enjoy! (and don't be scared to make mistakes along the way!)