Author Topic: Where to get lead crystal batteries?  (Read 4104 times)

LightAges

• Canadian po
Where to get lead crystal batteries?
« on: June 05, 2014, 06:52:23 PM »
I have been looking to replace my aging AGM battery bank (12x250AH in 4x3 for 48V) for a while and saw that with Martin's testing and other opinions on the net that lead crystal might be what I want. My problem is that finding where to buy them and/or even get an idea of their prices is frustrating.  I have not found any supplier is North America. Does anyone have a link to a good supplier? Any idea what a 200AH or 250AH 12V battery costs?

birrbert

Re: Where to get lead crystal batteries?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 04:21:35 AM »
I'd also be interested regarding suppliers in Romania or at least Europe.
"Dubito ergo cogito, cogito ergo sum." Descartes

birrbert

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 05:12:42 AM »
Since I knew very little, about these batteries, I searched for documentation and I found one:
http://deltecpower.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Deltec-Lead-Crystal-Batteries.pdf

One manufacturer that I found (they have distributors all over the world):
http://leadcrystalbatteries.com/

edit:
Deltec Power also a manufacturer and is in South Africa.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 05:19:38 AM by birrbert »
"Dubito ergo cogito, cogito ergo sum." Descartes

marks

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 11:48:29 AM »
Try MAL batteries in Port Elizabeth. Speak to Morris. Google for number also under "batteries online" I got a very good deal on 1000ah Lead Crystals
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:12:32 PM by marks »

kibi

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 03:02:35 AM »
Lead crystal batteries don't seem to have very much presence in Europe or the US as far as I can tell.
What does seem to be gaining traction these days is the Lead Carbon technologies. Trojan have a line of Lead Carbon batteries which have piqued my interest.

SeanB

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 12:08:36 PM »
From Martin's recommendation I bought lead crystal batteries for solar and UPS use, and I want to find a scrap one to open ( normally fatal to the battery, and somewhat messy) to see how it compares with a standard SLA type. Would like to get one of the lead carbon as well to compare inside as well, if I see one here cheap enough to turn to scrap lead. Got a small 2V cell lead carbon Warwick?