Author Topic: A quick intoduction  (Read 3100 times)

TTL

A quick intoduction
« on: June 07, 2012, 02:50:28 PM »
Hello all,

First off I'd like to say a big thank you to Martin for the videos you've posted on youtube, you've clearly put hours of work into them and it's been fun watching and learning. You're a true credit to youtube!

Anyway, as I'm new to the forum so I thought I'd quickly introduce myself, I'm Kris, 27 and from the UK. Have been interested in electronics as far back as I can remember really, all started with me messing about with those old school electronics kits which then progressed to me pulling everything apart and having a tinker! Have had a go at trying to design and build a few circuits with varying degrees of success, most of my projects are on hold at the moment though as I've loaned out my trusty old scope and DMM. Want to get a proper lab together at some point and have a play with a few solar and supercap powered projects as those looked interesting! 8)

Cheers
Kris.

MJLorton

• Administrator
Re: A quick intoduction
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 08:03:29 AM »
Hello all,

First off I'd like to say a big thank you to Martin for the videos you've posted on youtube, you've clearly put hours of work into them and it's been fun watching and learning. You're a true credit to youtube!

Anyway, as I'm new to the forum so I thought I'd quickly introduce myself, I'm Kris, 27 and from the UK. Have been interested in electronics as far back as I can remember really, all started with me messing about with those old school electronics kits which then progressed to me pulling everything apart and having a tinker! Have had a go at trying to design and build a few circuits with varying degrees of success, most of my projects are on hold at the moment though as I've loaned out my trusty old scope and DMM. Want to get a proper lab together at some point and have a play with a few solar and supercap powered projects as those looked interesting! 8)

Cheers
Kris.
Hello Kris,

Thanks very much for your comments and introduction.

I saw the picture you posted in the giveaway...great. I have family that live in Chippenham....not too far away from Salisbury. I popped into Salisbury for a "day visit" when I was working in the UK in the 90's.

Welcome to the board!

Cheers,
Martin.
Play, discover, learn and enjoy! (and don't be scared to make mistakes along the way!)

Torrentula

• My blog
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 01:10:36 PM »
Martin speaking of the videos I have a question. Which video editing software do you use?

MJLorton

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 04:56:46 AM »
I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10.0...there's a little review of how well it performs (or not) with GPU assistance on my channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjE24Cax9Lc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23zGNt6bncY

Cheers,
Martin.
Play, discover, learn and enjoy! (and don't be scared to make mistakes along the way!)

Spikee

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 06:31:37 PM »
I use Adobe Premiere Pro for my video's and its great for producing / editing .
If you don't have the money for it you can go to the website which has an pirateship in the bay. Or use the demo period off the software.