Author Topic: UNI-T UT61E 270uF - a standard  (Read 2151 times)

eleNicktronic_00

UNI-T UT61E 270uF - a standard
« on: June 10, 2015, 06:48:46 AM »
I am about 6 years new to electronics repairs and my approach is just have a go and learn and to keep busy is a goal for me.
 I bought a UT61E Meter for reading Capacitors mostly because capacitors are mostly what I have replaced to do repairs.
Somewhere I read the UT61E has a basic standard readout of 270nF when it is set to read capacitors and when I turned the new meter on and set it to Capacitors it did give a readout of 270nF. Now after reading maybe 75 capacitors that readout is around 286nF.
It seems to nF's are a tiny measurement and difference between the two readouts are too small to bother noticing but, that readout change is quite soon after I used the meter from brand new. I did read somewhere else too the meter can be put into Self Calibrate mode and I did put the meter in Self Calibrate Mode by holding the Blue button I think it was, pressed when the meter is set on one of the settings, and the meter sure enough did readout something like CAL but all I could do there is hope it calibrated somehow.
 So I would like to see if anyone has learned more about this.