Author Topic: UNI-T UT61E Discount available to viewers  (Read 74886 times)

iloveelectronics

Re: UNI-T UT61E Discount available to viewers
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2013, 09:54:12 PM »
Hi KJaneway,

I don't have a Bitcoin account (or do you call it a purse?) so I'm afraid I can't accept Bitcoin payment at the moment. Paypal would be the preferred payment method, and I do accept Euros as payment currency too.

The problem about my eBay store with German/Austrian/Swiss viewers is a known issue. For some reason eBay just doesn't want people from your part of the world to see most stores from the far east :( You should still be able to see my item pages (and make purchases) if you know the item numbers or have the direct links. Some of my German customers also reported that they could see my items by using the eBay mobile app on their smartphones (set to US site).

Here's the direct link to the UT61E in my store: http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNI-T-UT-61E-UT61E-22-000-count-Digital-Multimeter-/200901686717

Click on this thumbnail image to see a screen capture of all the items I currently have in my store:

Cheers,
Franky

I am also interested in a UT61E. Just to be curious: Do you accept Bitcoin payments?

And by the way: I am from Germany, and on ebay.de there is no item listed in your store. Do you really have nothing listed or is this an ebay error?

Regards KJaneway
My eBay store: http://www.99centHobbies.com
Email: franky @ 99centHobbies . com

Softarno

« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2013, 06:19:43 AM »
Hi Franky
I am interested to get a multimeter for my home use, basically will measure resistance on my ecig stuff and my batteries efficiency,
Well after some search came with that multimeter but I have noticed differences which I cant understand, noticed that there is a UNI-T UT-61E  and B and A and the price vary on each one, so do you have any idea what is the difference at least it can help me make up my decision
Also if you have another UNI modle that can be bit smaller though will do the job for me will appreciate your advice
kind Regards

mariush

« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2013, 03:40:25 PM »
Softarno,  UT61E is one model and there are other models in the series called UT61A , UT61B, UT61C and UT61D. 

On the outside they all look the same because they use the same case. You may think that they just changed some buttons to add or remove functions (for example UT61C has temperature measurement or UT61A has transistor measurement and backlight)

The insides of the models in this series (UT61) are different, some models have a different processor inside.  For example, UT61A and UT61B are only 4000 count, UT61D is 6000 count, while UT61E is 22000 count, so there are at least 3 different chipsets/processors used in the series. UT61E with 22000 count is the best available.

UT61E is the only one that uses a particular processor which gives very good performance for the money.

Softarno

« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2013, 05:37:32 PM »
Mariush, thank you so much for the information, but since am not an electrician so it sounds stupid question but what does  6000 count or 22000 count means?  :o

well basically am going to use that thing for testing the resistance of the coils that am planning to build for my ecig tank which ranges  between 1.5 ohms to 2.9 ohms as well as checking the efficiency of my batteries, so does the count matter in this?

iloveelectronics

« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2013, 09:35:25 PM »
Hi Softarno,

I am travelling at the moment so I will keep this reply brief. “Count” basically means resolution. A 6000-count meter can show a maximum of 4 digits up to 6.000 or 60.00 or 600.0 or 6000. Above that it will reduce to 3 digit like 7.00 or 70.0 etc. The 22000 counts offered by the UT61E is one of the reasons it's popular in this price range.

You can also have a look at the Digitek DT-4000ZC which should be good enough for your use at a lower price. Martin has a couple of videos on his channel, search 4000ZC for them. His meter is branded Tekpower, but it's the same meter.

I will return home on Tuesday and will be able to process orders then.

Cheers,
Franky

mariush

« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2013, 11:49:56 PM »
A higher count gives you a much larger resolution. The value the meter detects is converted into a number between 0 and that "count" value.

Let's say you measure a DC voltage, or a resistance on the multimeter.

A 22000 count multimeter can show up to 2.1999v, then it goes from 2.200 to 21.999v, then from 22.00 to 219.99v, then 220.0 to whatever. So especially with low voltages you have the benefit of having 4 digits after the dot, which allows you to spot small changes (for example when slowly loading a supercapacitors from a solar cell, or slowly discharging a battery and so on).

A 6000 count multimeter can only show 0.000 - 5.999 , 6.00 - 59.99v , 60.0 - 600.0v

So it's just a matter of making it easier for you to spot very small changes in the measured value.

It's not accuracy, accuracy could be better on a high quality 6000 count multimeter compared to a 22000 count multimeter but as the 22000 count multimeter gives you an extra digit, it may actually be better for you.

Softarno

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2013, 07:06:32 AM »
@ Franky
Thanks for the fast explanation and I guess I really don't need to spend allot in multimeter since am only going to use them for small resistance reading and also voltage not high, though I hope they will give me a correct or nearly correct reading.
Well I have checked on the  DT-4000ZC  but seems the only one I can find was on amazon  and brand name was  Tekpower and its price Us 35 and I could not find the Digitek  on ebay but again find the Tekpower almost same like amazon but shipping was way high so it will be pointless.

Well also seen the the UNI-T UT61D with 6000 counts and it has backlight, price on amazon was Us 41.75 is it a good deal? I hope I can get it on ebay or I don't know franky do u have any, or the Tekpower?

@mariush
Thank you so much your explanation help allot I guess,  and I also guess that the D version tho I was asking above if its good or not then I guess its not since you mentioned the processor, chipset and all which make E is a winner.
Well I am still confused about these multimeter that can be suitable for me, in fact I have a fluke here got it from a friend its Fluke 179 and its just awesome in accuracy, and was about to order the fluke 115 best price got for it was US 115 but do I really need to spend that much for my use.
Huh its really confusing but am not going to rush
Anyways thank you so much for your input
Regatds

iloveelectronics

« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2013, 05:12:53 PM »
Check this out:

http://mjlorton.com/forum/index.php?topic=195.0

I actually have it in my eBay store too but because I am on holiday the store has been set to vacation mode and is not taking orders. I will be back home tomorrow though so if you are interested in the Digitek just let me know.

Softarno

« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2013, 04:04:56 PM »
Dear Franky,
in fact am already on ebay and might just place the order right now

bob@bobsamuel.com

« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2013, 07:24:49 PM »
Hi Franky,

I am interested in purchasing a UNI-T UT71E. Is this a product that you can suppy?  If so, what would the price and availabilty be?  If not, can you suggest a reliable supplier?

Thanks, Bob

iloveelectronics

« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2013, 11:24:16 PM »
Hi Franky,

I am interested in purchasing a UNI-T UT71E. Is this a product that you can suppy?  If so, what would the price and availabilty be?  If not, can you suggest a reliable supplier?

Thanks, Bob

If you don't mind waiting a bit I should be able to get one from my Uni-T supplier. What is the best price you have seen? I will see if I can match it.

bob@bobsamuel.com

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2013, 09:46:54 PM »
Hi Franky,

Sorry for the delayed reply.  It looks like this forum does not send an email to you when there is a reply to one of your posts.  Or, I don't have it configured properly.

Anyway, there is a 71E on ebay for $185.00 + $25.00 for 3 day delivery via UPS 3 Day Select.
At link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/360433102858#shpCntId

Also, I am trying to confirm if the 71E works with the UltraDMM software.
At link: http://www.ultradmm.com/Default.aspx

Let me know what you can supply the 71E, at what price and delivery.

Thanks, Bob

iloveelectronics

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2013, 08:12:29 AM »
Hi Franky,

Sorry for the delayed reply.  It looks like this forum does not send an email to you when there is a reply to one of your posts.  Or, I don't have it configured properly.

Anyway, there is a 71E on ebay for $185.00 + $25.00 for 3 day delivery via UPS 3 Day Select.
At link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/360433102858#shpCntId

Also, I am trying to confirm if the 71E works with the UltraDMM software.
At link: http://www.ultradmm.com/Default.aspx

Let me know what you can supply the 71E, at what price and delivery.

Thanks, Bob

I can probably get you one for about $160 + shipping. Normal air mail shipping (with tracking) which normally takes about a week (I have seen anywhere between 4-14 days) would be about $15, express mail (Speedpost/EMS) would be about $28 which I believe normally takes 3-5 days depending on which part of the USA you are located. It will, however, take an additional 4-5 days for me to receive one from my supplier in China so you will need to consider that too if you're in a rush.

tlhackque

« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2013, 11:38:33 AM »
This offer is the best I've found - thanks.

According to the description in Franky's store, the UT-61E ships with a Chinese warranty card. 

The English manual doesn't discuss warranty and the only addresses are in Guang Dong and Hong Kong.

What is the warranty?

Is the warranty valid in the US?

Has anyone in the US had a warranty issue?  How was it handled? 

Franky?
This communication may not represent my employer's views,
if any, on the matters discussed.

iloveelectronics

« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2013, 11:57:36 AM »
This offer is the best I've found - thanks.

According to the description in Franky's store, the UT-61E ships with a Chinese warranty card. 

The English manual doesn't discuss warranty and the only addresses are in Guang Dong and Hong Kong.

What is the warranty?

Is the warranty valid in the US?

Has anyone in the US had a warranty issue?  How was it handled? 

Franky?

Strictly speaking, the warranty is only valid in China. However, if you don't mind the postage fees to and from the US to Hong Kong, I am happy to handle any warranty claim with Uni-T. So far I have not had to deal with anything like this yet. I can also get replacement parts (such as the LCD panel) for very reasonable price from Uni-T in case it's an issue that can be fixed on the user's end.