Author Topic: Agilent bluetooth module for remote monitoring  (Read 4375 times)

retiredcaps

Agilent bluetooth module for remote monitoring
« on: April 20, 2012, 11:38:17 PM »
Hi Martin,

I don't know if you know about this module for the Agilent since you seem to need remote monitoring.  See "Agilent Wireless Remote Connectivity solution for Handheld Digital Multimeters"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEz1Dx_DYoY

MJLorton

• Administrator
Re: Agilent bluetooth module for remote monitoring
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 03:15:03 AM »
Hi Martin,

I don't know if you know about this module for the Agilent since you seem to need remote monitoring.  See "Agilent Wireless Remote Connectivity solution for Handheld Digital Multimeters"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEz1Dx_DYoY

Knock my socks off...handy info. I might need to take a closer look at that....thanks for posting.

Cheers,
Martin.
Play, discover, learn and enjoy! (and don't be scared to make mistakes along the way!)

Kiriakos GR

• Industrial Electrician - IT
    • ITTSB.EU
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 01:00:50 PM »
The specific idea is somewhat useful but it requires an 450-600 Euros digital tablet.
The BT module worth  just 50$, even so as total is an expensive implementation with limited use.

I have suggested to Agilent to expand the software to more platforms.
Other than Android and PC, to add support for windows mobile 5, many old PDA will find good use as single remote display.
Their ears are closed, and there is nothing more that I can do.   

The use of an mobile phone with Android, its not practical.
I dislike the idea to keep busy my mobile phone as remote display.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 01:08:08 PM by Kiriakos GR »

MJLorton

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 11:16:41 AM »
The specific idea is somewhat useful but it requires an 450-600 Euros digital tablet.
The BT module worth  just 50$, even so as total is an expensive implementation with limited use.

I have suggested to Agilent to expand the software to more platforms.
Other than Android and PC, to add support for windows mobile 5, many old PDA will find good use as single remote display.
Their ears are closed, and there is nothing more that I can do.   

The use of an mobile phone with Android, its not practical.
I dislike the idea to keep busy my mobile phone as remote display.

Good point and interesting feedback.
Play, discover, learn and enjoy! (and don't be scared to make mistakes along the way!)

Phyllomedusa

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 09:27:18 AM »
Cheers Fellows,
as I already have an android phone and just need a secondary display from time to time it is nice.
I surely won't leave my Phone somewhere or the logging and so I asked about implementing a download functionality to the App. Just let your meter log the data and then download them via bluetooth to your Phone for viewing or mailing to a colleague.
That at least would save me taking my Laptop with me, booting up parallels (as I use a Mac), download the data, export them to a *.csv to send it attached to an email via my phone (as 3G Modem on my Laptop).
Just downloading it to the phone after logging and viewing the graph and sending the data or a screenshot would be nicer and faster then.
They were kinda open to the idea and forwarded it to the Bluetooth developers.

So maybe there will be a solution like that later.

At least the secondary display helped me until now. For example I needed to calibrate a Sensor (Laser Particulate Volume Monitor) which is attached on a Pole and the cable is running inside our container. I could then just plug in my meter inside the container and watch the Voltage on my Phone as I twist on the calibration screws at the sensor itself. Before that solution I needed to unscrew everything inside, pull the cable out and take it with the meter next to me on the roof of our container....... a lot of time saved for now.
As I also log the data after calibration for a few hours to see if it is stable (as we had a defective with drifting calibration some months ago...) it would be nice to have a graphical representation then for download. Right now I still use my laptop for that task as I may need my phone for it's basic purpose actually..... a call ;)

Salut, Sebastian