Author Topic: I thought some of you may like this  (Read 5375 times)

Paul Collins M0BSW

I thought some of you may like this
« on: June 02, 2013, 04:45:27 PM »

This is a circuit from a brilliant fellow Radio amateur
http://homepage.eircom.net/~ei9gq/gpsdo.html
Quietly Learning

SeanB

• Administrator
Re: I thought some of you may like this
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 11:48:15 AM »
Interesting, though I am not really going far into time keeping, I just sync my computer clock with NTP servers, and check it by having a $10GPS unit ( could never get the BT working on it, so use a serial cable from an old Nokia phone to interface it) with the NMEA stream displayed on a terminal emulator, and manually parsing the time info out of the stream and using that to check the time on the PC. Interesting in how the altitude by me has errors from 30m to 100m with time, as the different satellites come into view and go. Generally it dithers around my true altitude of 71m AMSL and agrees reasonably well with the Google street view coordinates for my window. At work with the dongle in the window I am at 20m ASL. Can believe it as when I did some digging to find sewage piping there was salt water in the sand 4m down.

Mr Eastwood

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 03:13:09 PM »
Makes for interesting reading!   For a while now I've had the crazy idea of adding one of those rubidium oscillators into a grandfather clock to regulate it, but I've been too distracted with other projects.
Hey! Frisbee! Far out!

Paul Collins M0BSW

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 05:01:22 PM »
In his book Homebrew cookbook, he does a simple spectrum analyser, good enough to see how the filters work, it runs through  the sound card of a pc, I wonder if I can add something to it t make it work with my scope.
Quietly Learning

Mr Eastwood

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 05:36:20 PM »
In his book Homebrew cookbook, he does a simple spectrum analyser, good enough to see how the filters work, it runs through  the sound card of a pc, I wonder if I can add something to it t make it work with my scope.

The Thurlby Thandar TSA250 / TSA1000 spectrum analyzer adapter plugs into a scope.  http://www.ttid.co.uk/products-tti/pdf-simple/prec-tsa.pdf    these seem to appear quite a lot on Ebay.

Hey! Frisbee! Far out!