Author Topic: ExTech GX900 Graphical Data Logging Multimeter with Bluetooth  (Read 4110 times)

TechJunkie

ExTech GX900 Graphical Data Logging Multimeter with Bluetooth
« on: September 12, 2014, 02:53:49 PM »
I just received my Extech GX900 which is a brand new release from Extech. The Android app was just posted yesterday. I am in the process of evaluating this meter and will post a full video review once I get all my testing done. It seems to be a meter which has functionality similar to the Fluke 289. The display is a bright, with the backlight boost button it's mega bright!!! It has a decent resolution color LCD display which is crisp and clear. It's a 50,000 count multimeter with wireless Bluetooth logging and data capture capabilities. It has some unique features such as RPM, Count, Conductance, dual frequency sensitivities and clamp adapter mode. The meter sets the initial mode with a rotary dial and then soft keys allow menu function for the mode in use. My initial testing has been very good. So far I am quite impressed with the capabilities although I have a few irritations that I will point out later in the full review. The physical size of the meter is as big as a Fluke 289, it's not a small meter by any stretch but it makes it up in functionality. The GX900 is going for around $595.00 US, not cheap, but when you add in the functionality, wireless data logging, Windows acquisition software and unique features, it gives you a lot for your money!

More to come soon!

Below is the link to the product page.

http://www.extech.com/instruments/product.asp?catid=48&prodid=821

Eric Haney
Systems Programmer, EE, MCSE, DMC
SilverCore Labs

MJLorton

• Administrator
Re: ExTech GX900 Graphical Data Logging Multimeter with Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 03:29:10 PM »
Looks interesting Eric. Do post a link to your video once you have it up as I'm keen to see what it's all about.
Play, discover, learn and enjoy! (and don't be scared to make mistakes along the way!)