Author Topic: Enertec Schlumberger 2721 Universal Counter  (Read 5042 times)

Mr Eastwood

Enertec Schlumberger 2721 Universal Counter
« on: May 08, 2016, 12:07:41 PM »
Here's some pics of universal counter I picked up on Ebay about 6 years ago, it was shortly after I got my analogue scope;  you don't see very many of these on the second-hand market;  I originally lost the auction for this but the winning bidder returned it to the lady who sold it because he said it didn't work - so the lady offered it to me;    when it arrived I thought the same until I discovered a CRT brightness knob on back of the unit which was turned right down, which might have been the issue;  also I found it only works via the connectors on the back not the ones on the front.   I later told the lady it was working fine and she was really pleased because it was her late husbands who used to work with submersible crafts.

Hey! Frisbee! Far out!

SeanB

• Administrator
Re: Enertec Schlumberger 2721 Universal Counter
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 12:35:12 PM »
I bet there is a menu option to select input to the front though, and it lived in a rack so never was changed back. I will guess that if that display does die you can easily change it with a small MDA converter and a small VGA colour display. Nice linear supply in there as well, and it looks like it was made in 1986 or so.

Mr Eastwood

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 12:39:24 PM »
hi Sean,  this is the menu screen, you can scroll down for a few more stuff - let me go and check see if there is an option to switch the inputs.
Hey! Frisbee! Far out!

Mr Eastwood

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 02:55:06 PM »
nah I can't see any options to switch from the rear connectors to the front.
Hey! Frisbee! Far out!

SeanB

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 03:22:30 PM »
Must be a GPIB instruction then, there looks like there are relays there to do it. Or a small switch somewhere on the board or a keypress combination ( French UI misdesign), better look for a manual.......

Mr Eastwood

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 03:25:29 PM »
Must be a GPIB instruction then, there looks like there are relays there to do it. Or a small switch somewhere on the board or a keypress combination ( French UI misdesign), better look for a manual.......

yeah possibly;  I looked for ages when I first bought it but never found a manual,  just info on some loose specs for it.
Hey! Frisbee! Far out!