Author Topic: Oh you can't do that "Oh Really"  (Read 5705 times)

Paul Collins M0BSW

Oh you can't do that "Oh Really"
« on: July 14, 2013, 11:39:25 AM »
I had some electronics wiz kids telling me I couldn't build a marker generator for an analogue oscilloscope "OH REALLY" well you can see I have, this is currently on 5khz, at 1khz spacing. I love it when people tell I can't do something. and for my Italian radio amateur friends :-Avevo alcuni ragazzi wiz di elettronica mi dice non ho potuto costruire un generatore di marker per un oscilloscopio analogico "Oh davvero" ben si puņ vedere che ho, questo č attualmente il 5 kHz, a 1 kHz spaziatura. Mi piace quando le persone dicono che non posso fare qualcosa
Quietly Learning

SeanB

• Administrator
Re: Oh you can't do that "Oh Really"
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 12:30:22 PM »
Know any Orlandi's? Neighbour upstairs.

Paul Collins M0BSW

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 01:02:14 PM »
Know any Orlandi's? Neighbour upstairs.
No Sean, Actually you'd be surprised  where I learned Italian, I learned  a lot of it on 20 metres, I used to speak to an Italian Radio Amateur , every evening for about 6 Years, well until he got ill and passed away, I knew him so well I went to his funeral, at his wife's invitation .Then I went to college to finish off, easier than learning morse code I can tell you. His family are still friends to this day.
Quietly Learning

SeanB

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 02:58:26 PM »
The father died this last week, just a few days short of his 90'th birthday. Not good, he was an engineer at a paper plant for decades, along with another Italian family who were plant fitters, he did a lot of fabrication of plant there and maintained paper plant for decades. He could silver solder a mesh paper screen so that you could not tell the join was there aside from the discolouration of the 0.5mm stainless steel wire.

Paul Collins M0BSW

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 03:51:54 PM »
The father died this last week, just a few days short of his 90'th birthday. Not good, he was an engineer at a paper plant for decades, along with another Italian family who were plant fitters, he did a lot of fabrication of plant there and maintained paper plant for decades. He could silver solder a mesh paper screen so that you could not tell the join was there aside from the discolouration of the 0.5mm stainless steel wire.
This is the neighbours family isn't it, not yours I hope
Quietly Learning

SeanB

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 03:59:00 PM »
Upstairs neighbours. I have my own problems........

Paul Collins M0BSW

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 01:59:02 AM »
Don't we all, one way or another, that's life.
Quietly Learning