Author Topic: I guess my multimeter counts as an oldie too lol  (Read 4330 times)

RobertoLG

I guess my multimeter counts as an oldie too lol
« on: November 18, 2015, 12:15:26 PM »
itīs a Motech MIC 2200 A , motech sold the multimeter part to BKprecision, now they work with solar panels, I can do a teardown if somebody is interested, sorry for the bad picture

« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 11:13:19 PM by RobertoLG »

SeanB

• Administrator
Re: I guess my multimeter counts as an oldie too lol
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 12:29:32 PM »
ICL7106 in the standard application circuit, and with the meter being a common design made by many manufacturers over the decades. Yours probably has a real Intersil chip inside in a DIP40 package. I see it has had a hard life, with the one corner of the LCD being cracked.

I had a similar one as well when I was young, though at the time it was an amazing meter for the money.

SeanB

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 10:50:31 AM »
Old because of the socket, and the LCD is also old. Exactly matches the application note as well.

SeanB

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 12:26:10 PM »
The full appnote also had a multimeter as application, and this will probably be exactly as that appnote shows. Even Fluke did the first meters exactly as the applications note, as they were the ones who wrote it with Intersil, though the Fluke chips were a slightly different design, but the basic chip and circuit was the same.

retiredcaps

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 07:33:04 PM »
Even Fluke did the first meters exactly as the applications note, as they were the ones who wrote it with Intersil, though the Fluke chips were a slightly different design, but the basic chip and circuit was the same.
Big thread on this topic at eevblog

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/old-fluke-multimeters/