Author Topic: Upcomming UT90c review  (Read 5119 times)

kodai

Upcomming UT90c review
« on: March 31, 2012, 01:38:49 PM »
I don't know why, but I'm really looking forward to this little meter.  I've been eyeing for a few months now, and I was really looking forward to a review when you mentioned it awhile back in one of your vid's.  I'm very curious as to some of its power options.  While I have quite a few multimeters, I've had to send my 87v in for repairs because the eeprom has died.  No, I didn't cause it and yes, even Fluke's can go bad.  I'm just hoping that I get a free calibration since they are going to have to replace the eeprom.  This has got me back into buying more meters for some reason (its like some bizzaro addiction), and I really want this little solar powered oddity. 

I have a UT61e and a UT10a from Uni-T.  I'll admit that they are ok for the price, but I don't really trust them for some reason or another.  Something about them just seems like they are barely in the acceptable range and that if they go out of spec I wont be surprised.  I keep my UT10a in the glove box of my truck for on the go stuff.  But the battery didn't the winter.  I wouldn't mind the idea of a larger meter being tucked away in there, but not with a 9volt or a few AA's.  The UT90c, seems like it would really fit the bill, if its built well enough to be crammed into a box with a bunch of other junk and deal with day to day road bouncing.  Please give us a good tear down of the UT90c with as much detail as you can cover.

kf7tkj

Re: Upcomming UT90c review
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 02:13:55 PM »
Yea I am looking for ward to this review also!
Need paracord? Visit my ebay store or contact me directly!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/getgood2go/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

MJLorton

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 04:37:27 AM »
I don't know why, but I'm really looking forward to this little meter.  I've been eyeing for a few months now, and I was really looking forward to a review when you mentioned it awhile back in one of your vid's.  I'm very curious as to some of its power options.  While I have quite a few multimeters, I've had to send my 87v in for repairs because the eeprom has died.  No, I didn't cause it and yes, even Fluke's can go bad.  I'm just hoping that I get a free calibration since they are going to have to replace the eeprom.  This has got me back into buying more meters for some reason (its like some bizzaro addiction), and I really want this little solar powered oddity. 

I have a UT61e and a UT10a from Uni-T.  I'll admit that they are ok for the price, but I don't really trust them for some reason or another.  Something about them just seems like they are barely in the acceptable range and that if they go out of spec I wont be surprised.  I keep my UT10a in the glove box of my truck for on the go stuff.  But the battery didn't the winter.  I wouldn't mind the idea of a larger meter being tucked away in there, but not with a 9volt or a few AA's.  The UT90c, seems like it would really fit the bill, if its built well enough to be crammed into a box with a bunch of other junk and deal with day to day road bouncing.  Please give us a good tear down of the UT90c with as much detail as you can cover.

LOL!!! Had to chuckle at your comment "some bizzaro addiction"...I can certainly relate to that!
Yes...Flukes can go wrong....I have a video posted on the 287 which is yet to be fixed.....I hope your 87v comes back sorted and calibrated.

Ok...the 90c is sitting next to me at the moment and I'm playing with the charging feature...it certainly seems ok...but I hope to have a close up video review posted on it next week.

Thanks for posting,
Martin.
Play, discover, learn and enjoy! (and don't be scared to make mistakes along the way!) 
Play, discover, learn and enjoy! (and don't be scared to make mistakes along the way!)

MJLorton

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 04:38:38 AM »
Yea I am looking for ward to this review also!
I hope to have it up next week!  ;)