Author Topic: T4D 22 TekPower TP4000ZC  (Read 20946 times)

retiredcaps

Re: T4D 22 TekPower TP4000ZC
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 06:56:53 PM »
/rant on/

Note: This isn't directed at anyone on Martin's forum so please don't take this personally, but I had to share this.

I don't participate in any of the social networking sites, but I saw one USA person who decided not to order through Martin's Amazon store because he wanted to avoid local taxes on a $30 item.  He went and bought his multimeter on ebay.

So he avoided paying USA local state 6.25%% tax or $1.88 and Martin gets shafted.  That post made so mad

Martin probably spent at least 3 to 5 hours doing the review, editing, researching, uploading, answering questions, etc for our collective benefit.  If the multimeter was a complete turd, he would have lost $30 USD and we would have avoided it.

Martin's too much of a gentleman to comment and even though he would have only probably made $1.50 commision (say 5% from Amazon) on the sale, it is more the thought of his hard work not being acknowledged in any form (monetary or not).

Now, I totally realize for non USA customers, there are export restrictions and high shipping charges (example $40 USD) that it makes sense to find it locally. However, for someone in the USA to save $1.88 and not acknowledge Martin's work is bad karma.

For those trying to support Martin by buying through his Amazon channel, I thank you.  However, if it is not economically feasible due to high shipping costs, then I'm fairly sure that Martin would want you to buy it locally.

/rant off/
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:08:33 PM by retiredcaps »

Monkeh

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 08:04:24 PM »
I very much agree, retiredcaps. I saw and commented on that, and it really did annoy me.

DaveXRQ

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 05:52:52 PM »
It does look a lot like the 87v ... speaking of lookalikes
http://tes.com.tw/2620.htm

Kiriakos GR

• Industrial Electrician - IT
    • ITTSB.EU
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 07:18:59 PM »
It does look a lot like the 87v ... speaking of lookalikes
http://tes.com.tw/2620.htm

Sampling Rate 2 times/sec of digital display .... That's a great frog but not for races. :-)

multiJ

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 07:12:09 AM »
After reading this thread I made a search and found the Digitek DT-4000ZC from an eBay seller in UK (for £27.50 or £29.50 with usb adapter for RS232).
I would like to ask Martin, is it ok to put a link here? I am not in any way affiliated with the seller, I just got interested in this multimeter after Martin's YouTube review  :)

MJLorton

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 10:48:51 AM »
After reading this thread I made a search and found the Digitek DT-4000ZC from an eBay seller in UK (for £27.50 or £29.50 with usb adapter for RS232).
I would like to ask Martin, is it ok to put a link here? I am not in any way affiliated with the seller, I just got interested in this multimeter after Martin's YouTube review  :)

Yes, please do. If folks want the option of using eBay that's great.
If Franky reads this it'll be interesting to see if he can get them at a good price on his eBay store.

And if folks want to use Amazon...here is my link: http://astore.amazon.com/m0711-20/detail/B000OPDFLM

Cheers,
Martin.

Play, discover, learn and enjoy! (and don't be scared to make mistakes along the way!)

iloveelectronics

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »

Yes, please do. If folks want the option of using eBay that's great.
If Franky reads this it'll be interesting to see if he can get them at a good price on his eBay store.

And if folks want to use Amazon...here is my link: http://astore.amazon.com/m0711-20/detail/B000OPDFLM

Cheers,
Martin.

I had thought about sourcing some of these for my eBay store but then I thought it might not be very nice to Martin as it might take away some of his potential business through his Amazon affiliate site. Oh well, if there's enough interest from outside of the States (it's hard to beat the Amazon price anyway) I might be able to offer some of these for sale at a price somewhere between Amazon and that UK seller mentioned in the previous post. The meter certainly does look good for its price.
My eBay store: http://www.99centHobbies.com
Email: franky @ 99centHobbies . com

multiJ

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 04:36:47 AM »
Amazon.com will not ship the TekPower TP4000ZC abroad (not in many european countries for the time being) so buying from them is not possible :)

Majes

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2012, 03:09:28 AM »
Since this thread kinda turned towards supporting Martin, Martin's Amazon, The shipping being cost prohibitive to some, etc etc.

And, I am about to purchase one through Martin's store, here is my issue. I have supported folks before by shopping through their Amazon store, but they all had an Amazon search button so ya could go ahead and get other things you need on same order.

I am having problems finding just how to do that at Martin's store. Since I am in US shipping won't be a problem for me, and since I am about to make an order I would like to support this endeavour.

Can anyone enlighten me how this searching, finding, and adding things to shopping cart works so the store operator will get credit ??

Thanks in advance!!!

SeanB

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2012, 03:30:15 AM »
Not sure, but if you click through to his store then you will get the cookie set for the store, then just click the "Powered by Amazon.com" and it opens in a new window with the referring shop set in the redirect. Hopefully this then gives Martin's shop the affiliate fee back.

Don't have an Amazon account, but this I have gotten from other people that use the same method ( Betty in the Sky with a suitcase) to do the affiliate links. The purchases they make are also then available to the storeholder ( Martin) as data as to what people buy from the store ( goods only, no other account info) so that he can incorporate them into the store. Apparently a lot of people buy toilet paper on Amazon this way.

iloveelectronics

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2012, 08:46:26 AM »
On a somewhat related note, I'm thinking about sending a Digitek DT-2843R to Martin for review. This is the cheapest meter I can find which measures AC+DC True RMS. I don't have the equipment to actually test it, other than trying to measure a DC under the AC range, and it does measure the voltage correctly (other AC-only True RMS meters I have fail this test). As Martin is getting a function generator he should be able to test it properly.

http://www.amazon.com/Tekpower-TP2844R-True-RMS-Auto-ranging-Multimeter/dp/B004YF0VEM is basically a rebadged version of the Digitek DT-2844R, which lacks the temperature measurement capability of my DT-2843R, but otherwise they are the same meter. Note however that the Amazon page seems to have mistakenly stated that it's a 6000-count meter when it is in fact only 4000, you can easily tell from the max ranges, they are all multiples of 4 instead of 6.

I will most likely send this off to Martin after the new year if there's some interest from his viewers.

retiredcaps

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 04:48:06 PM »
Not sure, but if you click through to his store then you will get the cookie set for the store, then just click the "Powered by Amazon.com" and it opens in a new window with the referring shop set in the redirect.
Clicking on "powered by amazon.com" shows tag=m0711-20 embedded in the URL.  I know nothing about how it works, but I'm assuming that will identify Martin.

retiredcaps

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 04:52:47 PM »
I will most likely send this off to Martin after the new year if there's some interest from his viewers.
Franky, can you do your 10 point review on this multimeter?  Also, what chipset does it use?

Looking at the picture of this Tekpower TP2844R multimeter, I must say the ergonomics with respect to color coding/font selection/spacing/layout is terrible.  While not perfect, the TekPower TP4000ZC, has a better user interface than the TP2844R.

I can already see where Martin is going to potentially screw up when measuring frequency.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 04:59:32 PM by retiredcaps »

iloveelectronics

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2012, 08:59:07 PM »
Franky, can you do your 10 point review on this multimeter?  Also, what chipset does it use?

Looking at the picture of this Tekpower TP2844R multimeter, I must say the ergonomics with respect to color coding/font selection/spacing/layout is terrible.  While not perfect, the TekPower TP4000ZC, has a better user interface than the TP2844R.

I can already see where Martin is going to potentially screw up when measuring frequency.  ;D

I agree with you on the user interface. I'll try to do my version of mini review before I send it off to Martin.