Buy and Sell > Buy and Sell

Looking for scope on the cheap! :)

(1/3) > >>

taiga:
Hello folks. I'm just starting off on this electrical adventure and am realizing the importance of an oscilloscope.
Being a student I obviously don't have piles of money laying around so I'm looking for the cheapest scope (that still works :P) I can.
I've been saving my pennies and have around $200 saved. :( I know I know, not very much.
Anyways to wrap things up if anyone has a good lead on a decent oscilloscope for around $200 (maybe up to $300 all in) I would really appreciate it.

NOTE: I'm in school in first year electrical engineering. I plan on majoring in renewable energy. I still am not sure about all the different scopes and features. So if you could help guide me in the features for more power specific (ie chargers, converters, PV, applications) I should be concerning myself with that would be wonderful.

Thanks!
Ben

iloveelectronics:
At that price I guess your best bet would be a used old analog scope. I actually have a 40MHz one sitting on my bench that I don't mind giving away, if you don't mind the shipping cost across half the globe...

Rick Law:

--- Quote from: iloveelectronics on April 23, 2014, 09:02:23 AM ---At that price I guess your best bet would be a used old analog scope. I actually have a 40MHz one sitting on my bench that I don't mind giving away, if you don't mind the shipping cost across half the globe...

--- End quote ---

From Hong Kong, it would be 220V instead of 110V.  So you would also need to find a good size transformer to get that going.

If you are starting out, I would suggest consider something like a cheap USB scope to learn with.  That gives you time to learn what features you really need, and after you know what you want, you can patiently wait for a good deal while having something to use as you wait.

I am not an EE guy, nor am I very experienced.  I have been an amateur on an off since I was a toddler and I have used "real scopes" for a number of years.  I found my USB scope (Hantek 6022BE) serves me well and exceeded my expectation for something around $70USD.

SeanB:
Frankie, if you need the space you can post it to me then, I can always use another analogue scope, and will take it out regularly to help others with problems. You have all my details.

iloveelectronics:

--- Quote from: SeanB on April 23, 2014, 02:22:48 PM ---Frankie, if you need the space you can post it to me then, I can always use another analogue scope, and will take it out regularly to help others with problems. You have all my details.

--- End quote ---

Sounds good. I would like to see it getting put in good use. I even have a very rare service manual with full schematics etc for it which I thought I needed and bought LOL! Will include that too. I will check postage fee and let you know, you can then tell me if it's acceptable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version