Author Topic: Cheap eBay DIN power meter.  (Read 2142 times)

SeanB

• Administrator
Cheap eBay DIN power meter.
« on: November 16, 2015, 02:14:55 PM »
Shopping on eBay for a power meter that was both cheap ( of course) and not too lethal I came across a cheap DIN mounting power meter.  So, ordered, and this is the only thing in the last 3 months to arrive in the mail, SAPO at it's best at being efficient.

Of course i need a box for it to make it a little friendlier to use, bare wires on the mains side not exactly being something I am comfortable with. Was at my local suppliers Saturday, and this DIN box was there, and actually costs less than the power meter. Cable glands were some I had left over, so not too shabby. P{ut the meter in the box, using an old PC power cord as the pass through.

Meter is rated for 100A, though i think that is very optimistic on the current transformer, as it might smoke a little inside. In any case the cable i am using is only rated to 10A, so that is what I will use it to.

Inside pretty standard, transformerless power supply and main chips with part numbers ground off, but at least the voltage measurement resistors are decent and correctly rated for voltage.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/oGa4msqn07I

Interesting turn off as the power supply voltage decays.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:29:33 PM by SeanB »